Saturday, July 20, 2013

Santa Cruz

So we finally made it to the Boardwalk at Santa Cruz and it was a very nice, sunny day. We drove down with some friends from church and had a great time.






We got ourselves some all-day wristbands and went on all the crazy rides. They were all a lot of fun (despite some of the rides making us more dizzy than others).



There were a lot of people at the beach--it kind of made me feel like I was in Southern California again.



We even decided to try our luck and put our feet in the water. But its still just as cold here as it is in San Francisco. I guess it answered the question why no one was really swimming in the water.


Our friends got an extra turkey leg with their order so they gave the extra one to us. I've never tried it before but it was pretty good. I still think this is way too much meat and I feel kind of ridiculous eating one like a barbarian--but it was pretty good.


Then we went on this ride that was like Splash Mountain at Disneyland. It was a lot of fun (and the line for this ride goes really fast so we went on it twice).



We hit up some lazer tag fun and got all glow in the dark. Rachel beat my score by one shot (because she shot me twice while we were leaving the game). Sneaky.


Then we hit the arcades for a little anime fighting games and race car driving. Rachel did really well and kept advancing her player in the fighting game. I guess doing one kick over and over will eventually win every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment